Robert H Simpson called to complete a restoration program for the original “Bank of Hobart” building in Murray St, Hobart, CBD. This exceptionally fine building was constructed in the 1850′s in Georgian style. The telling spaces, banking chamber proper and managers offices were recently completed in a fine restoration program authored by the owners using local advisors.
Robert H Simpson designed a large residence for a successful industrialist in the rural vernacular style which was perfectly suited to the surrounding 10 hectare sub divisions off Old Northern Rd Dural. The project was initially completed in the mid 1980’s
Having always had the view that this property was a work in progress the client contacted Robert to complete the vision in 2008. With the design completed and approved in 2012, construction has now commenced on two very large pavilions flanking the original and are connected to the residence by entertainment spaces and various loggias.
ROBERT H SIMPSON ARCHITECTS
PO Box 788 Turramurra NSW 2074
P: +61 2 9440 8384
M: +61 402 007 234